MY TIME ON EARTH

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Day 3 at Scunthorpe Hospital finally a result!!! Baby Zarna is born.

30th Oct 2008


I woke at 6.45 am and had 2 rounds of toast and a cup of tea and waited for Dean to arrive at 9am, I then had to wait for the doctor to examine me and decide what to do next.


The doctor decided that I would be taken to the Labour ward as soon as poss and be put on the drip which WOULD put me in to full blown labour! I suppose this was it!


I didn't get to the labour ward till 11am and I was told that i was not aloud any food once i was up there, .... Great!!!!!!!!!! Dean managed to sneak me a crunchy bar but all i could think about was food.

I lay on the bed for as long as possible but my back was killing me, so I moved to the chair, I spent an hour there before I needed to go to the bathroom , I got up and fainted my blood sugars were low and again all i could think of was food, I was starving! they turned up the drip several times and by this time the contractions were very strong, i decided to move to the bed again where I started on the Gas and Air, this was great stuff, Dean liked it too!















I had examinations every 4 hours to see if I had dilated more each time. I made it to 6 Cm's and I'm telling you it was painful, Dean was an absolute star he told the midwife stories of our holiday in India and laughed and joked which kept me going.























I laboured for 10 1/2 hours in total, then there was a shift change of midwife and I was examined again once more. To the midwifes surprise I had gone from 6 Cm's back to 2Cm's, she called for the doctor, she came and assessed the situation and made the decision to rush me down to theater, this was at 9.30pm and by 10pm i was in theater getting ready for the arrival of my baby, it wasn't a nice procedure and i shook in fear just at the needle for the spinal, this was to numb me from the waist down, I can honestly say I have never been so scared in my whole life, the thought of feeling that first cut petrified me.

Dean scrubbed up and so did the student nurse Maria who was in on the whole ordeal, she was hoping to witness a natural birth!! well she was in the wrong place, Dean asked her if she minded taking a few photos of the happy event , the photos are amazing! ( although it took me a few days to view them due to flash backs and night mares)

At 10.34 Baby Zarna Annabel List was born, weighing 6Lbs 4 Ounces, and what a beautiful baby she is.










I was taken into recovery and Dean went with Zarna, All three of us got down to the maternity ward at about 3.30 am after being in a room next to a girl going through natural labour and screaming the place down, at this point I was pleased to have a C section.

Dean left for home about 4.45am and I was suppose to get some rest in between the midwife doing her observations on me and Zarna Oh and the girl next to me snored all morning so when Dean did arrive back I hadn't slept at all! I was meant to recover in this place, no way it was an absolute joke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home